Peaky Blinders: Cillian Murphy, close-up. Part 1.
Reblogging in case you missed this post from the weekend because the photoshoot is gorgeous and the interview in The Sunday Times is pretty great too. Click the read more for the full interview and for more photos go here. Some highlights:
- About his Peaky Blinders hair, it’s dyed black. And he’s 5’8”. IMDB needs to get on that!
- He judges a Hollywood blockbuster by how many novels he reads while waiting for his scenes. His record? “Twelve — and I’m not even a fast reader.”
- He laughs about his Batman audition. “Absurdly, I tried out for Batman. Nolan said ‘You’re not quite right,’ and I was like ‘I know I’m not!’”
- About Health Ledger’s death, “I still really haven’t gotten over that. The performance he gave in The Dark Knight, it’s one for the gods.”
- He retells the story of his awkward airport encounter with Philip Seymour Hoffman (audio here) and how they got to know each other later on the awards circuit in 2006.
- On collaborating with his wife, visual artist Yvonne McGuinness, apart from having kids: “We’ll collaborate when the time’s right. We came close a couple of times.”
- About slimming down for Heart of the Sea, he says he lost more than a stone and that some of the actors went a bit maverick in pursuit of the perfect sea-stranded physique. “You get a group of men together and they start getting competitive.”
Oh, and a certain blog whose name had to be edited to be fit for print is mentioned. Oh f*** yeah!
People go like “you can’t force diversity” as if the racial hegemony and absolute heterosexuality in media happened naturally and wasn’t carefully constructed and heavily forced by a white supremacist agenda and society’s obsession with hetero normativity
The next person who makes a joke about my pole dancing and calls me a stripper, I’m going to show them this photo and say, “You may or may not take me seriously, but just know that I can probably crush your tiny little skull with my thigh muscles.”
There’s nothing I don’t love about this.
i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRING YOUR GUN TO THE GROCERY STORE
how does america even function like it sounds like a video game or something. grand theft freedom.